Lanagan, Michael T.
Office phone: (814) 865-6992
Office address: N-329 Millennium Science Complex
Office hours: F: 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Office hours location: 280 M R L
Office hours phone: (814) 865-6992
- Ph.D., Ceramic Science and Engineering, Penn State University, 1987
- B.S. (Highest Honors), Ceramic Engineering, University of Illinois, 1982
Years of Service with Penn State (4 years)
- Nov 1998 – Aug 2003 Research Faculty at Penn State
- Nov 1987 – Nov 1998 Research Scientist
Other Related Experience — Teaching, Industrial, Etc.
- Nov 1987 – Nov 1998 Research Scientist, Argonne National lab, Chicago IL
Recent Principal Publications
- Priyanka Dash, Eugene Furman, Carlo Pantano, and M. Lanagan (Mar 2013) “Activation energy for alkaline-earth ion transport in low alkali aluminoborosilicate,” Applied Physics Letters, 102, pp. 4.
- R. Haupt and M. Lanagan (Jan 2013) “Reconfigurable Antennas,” IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, 55(1), pp. 10.
- N. Smith, M. Lanagan, and Carlo Pantano (Aug 2012) “Thermal poling of alkaline earth boroaluminosilicate glasses with intrinsically high dielectric breakdown strength,” Journal of Applied Physics, 111, pp. 5.
- T. Murata, Priyanka Dash, Eugene Furman, Carlo Pantano, and M. Lanagan (June 2012) “Murata, Takashi, Priyanka Dash, Eugene Furman, Carlo Pantano, and Michael Lanagan. "Electrode‐Limited Dielectric Breakdown of Alkali Free Glass,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 95(6), pp. 5.
- K. Z. Rajab, M. Naftaly, E. H. Linfield, J. C. Nino, D. Arenas, D. Tanner, R. Mittra, and M. Lanagan (Mar 2008) “Broadband Dielectric Characterization of Aluminum Oxide (Al2O3),” J. Microelectronics and Electronics Packaging, 5, pp. 000–000.
Consulting, Patents, and Scientific and Professional Society Memberships
- Sole Proprietor, Electric Materials Consulting (2011 – Present)
- ASM International, Member (2004 – Present)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, Member (1999 – Present)
- International Microelectronic and Packaging Society (1998 – Present)
- American Ceramic Society, Member (1982 – Present)
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Researcher Award, Penn State Engineering Society (5 Apr 2008)
- Top 25 articles from the past 25 years—The publication from 1989 entitled “Synthesis of phase-pure orthorhombic YBa2Cu3Ox under low oxygen partial pressure” was honored by the publisher Elsevier. A silver-covered issue of Materials Letters was part, Elsevier (1 Jan 2007)
- National Academy of Engineering- invited participant to Frontiers of Engineering Symposium—The National Academy of Engineering (NAE) initiated the Frontiers of Engineering Program - which brings together every year about 100 of the nation's future engineering leaders to learn about cutting-edge research and technical work in different fields of engineering. (September 1996)
Login to Edit